- Category: FastTank Key Features
The FlameShieldTM tank provides adequate fire protection in most circumstances. It meets the requirements of UL 142 and SWRI 97-04. Emergency venting is designed to prevent over pressurization or explosion in a pool fire situation.
The FireGuardTM tank provides extra fire protection with the addition of lightweight thermal insulation between the two walls of steel. It meets the requirements of UL 2085 and UFC 79-7.(It is imperative to get an approval from the regulatory authority having jurisdiction prior to purchase or installation.)
- The FlameShieldTM fire-resistant above-ground storage tank is manufactured with a tight-wrap double-wall design. Standard features include:
- Tested 2-hour fire resistance
- Built-in secondary containment
- Interstitial monitoring capability
- Double-wall design offers integral secondary containment which can be tested for tightness on-site throughout tank life. Interstitial space can be monitored for leak detection.
- Primary storage tank and secondary containment compatible with a wide range of fuels and chemicals. Built to nationally recognized STI standards with strict third-party quality control inspection program.
- Tested by Southwest Research Institute to SWRI 97-04 requirements for fire-resistant tank performance.
FireGuardTM offers the safety of UL 2085 steel secondary containment, plus lightweight convenience
FireGuardTM features a super, lightweight insulation within the interstice. The porus insulation materials allows migration of any liquid through the interstice to the monitoring point. Unlike plastic liners, the steel double-wall design provides 110% UL-listed secondary containmen, and FireGuardTM comes delivered as a complete unit with Steel Tank Institute Quality Assurance built-in.
- UL 2085 listed using 3" of lightweight insulation between 2 walls of steel
- Monitoring tube for interstitial leak detection
- 2-hour fire rating meets 1994 Uniform Code for "Protected Tank" appendix IIF
- Meets NFPA 30/30A codes (reduced separation distance) inner and outer steel tanks built to UL 142
- UL listed Secondary Containment STI licensed and made to STI quality standards.
- UFC appendix IIF ballistics protection
- UFC appendix IIF impact protection
- No exposed concrete
- No spalling or cracking
- 30-year limited warranty